Friday, January 28, 2011

Fifty-two on Friday: Warmth

I love having the challenge of a Project 52 each week. It was so amazing last week to see all of the creativity flow from the 16 other women in my blog-circle. When I saw that this week the theme would be warmth, I was truly excited to see what the ladies would come up with! This week, for warmth, I immediately thought of these things...


...a smile that reaches all the way to someone's eyes
...cradling hot mug of coffee on a cold morning
...and hand knit mittens


I originally had a vision of processing these with bold colors to showcase the multi-hued mittens, but stumbled and stumbled to make it right.  I finally was pushing some sliders and presets and found the duotone BW, and  fell.in.love.with.it. Goes to show that even when you have a vision, your voice may take you in a different direction (yes, I am reading a book by David duChemin!) 

I have to thank my dear friend Tara for allowing me to torture her again with my camera. She is so supportive of passion for photography, and has not turned down one of my requests to photograph her or her boys!


The outtake, but still one of my FAVS



Now, go check out the amazing creativity of Sarah Bunch at http://www.birthofaphotographer.blogspot.com/ for her take on warmth. Blog love is always appreciated, and see you next week.



13 comments:

  1. Love these! What an awesome friend. Really like the processing, definitely speaks warmth. I want her gloves, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Your friend is gorgeous and looks so happy in these. I love the b&w too, but I'm so glad you showed us the color outtake because those mittens are amazing. I love colorful knitted things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fried is so cute! Love the duotone bw and the out take. You should put these on a mug for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them both! especially the first!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this, you are spot on with your interpretation! You nailed what you came up with in your head! I love when I am able to do that.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good sport she is. Love those mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the B&W but also love the color! Cute mittens/gloves~ Are they called glittens? Great pics...Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a dear friend that has supported me from the beginning. Isn't it nice? It just makes you have courage when all you want to do it doubt. :)
    Love this post so much! I hope to do something very similar for my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these!! Nothing like a cup'a'java.. or hot chocolate.. especially with a David Duchemin book :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these images,Jayme! Those gloves are beautiful. Did you knit them? I have yet to knit gloves. Yours look like half mitten/ half glove... muvs, or glittens. I think I need some.

    I can see why you are drawn to the duo tone. It's lovely. But I just love the colors on those gloves!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ladies for the kind comments. The gloves are hand knit, but purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't choose a favorite; both pictures have the essence of "warmth"! Yea for good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jayme, you all are havin' so much fun! I agree Tara is a great friend-model. Glad your christmas present made such a great prop. I'm sure enjoying looking at all the gals sites each week.....so much talent! Great work = great fun!

    ReplyDelete