Friday, January 7, 2011

A new year, a new project! Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam

This year I've decided to really push myself to be more creative.  I love love love the technical side of photography, but I want to balance that technical know-how with the creative.  When I went through my photos last week to pick out a couple dozen for printing I had stacks and stacks of portrait after portrait.  Portraits are nice, but I don't need hundreds and they don't capture real life.  So this year I have taken on a Project 52!  One photo a week.  Each week I will try and give myself a theme to follow, to inspire me, to push beyond trying to get a perfect portrait of my kids.  Instead, I am going to photograph the fleeting moments where I see beauty, joy, chaos, the details of our lives!

This past week was week 1.  The theme I set for myself was 8:00 am!  8:00 am is the busiest moment in our family's morning.  It is when we are trying to get lunches packed, kids jackets and shoes on (the right feet hopefully), kids into the car, buckled in, giving kisses goodbye and last instructions, and all trying to make it happen without the threat of a meltdown.  

Week 1: Project 52, 2011
8:00 am


If you are inspired to take on a project 52, leave me a comment on my blog.  I would love to follow your journey through the year, don't forget to leave your link!


2 comments:

  1. so excited to follow your journey this year. love your images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hope! I can't wait to follow your project 52 this year.

    ReplyDelete