Friday, January 14, 2011

Fifty-Two on Friday: Self

I am really excited to share with you my Project 52 post!

What is a project 52: It's a new theme each week captured and interpreted by what I see through the lens. Last week I started my project 52 alone, but this week and for the rest of the year, sixteen other photographers and I are doing our Project 52 together. Our goal is to learn and grow from each others perspective on the same theme. I am really excited to participate with such amazing women and I look forward to how all of us will be challenged and inspired by each other work and creativity.


How will all 17 of us work together on a project 52, well...I will take a picture of our theme for the week, the way I interpret it, and post it on my site. Then under my post, I will link another photographer who is part of the project for you to see her interpretation of the theme. After you see hers, you will notice a different link under her picture that will then take you to the next photographer’s website. If you continue to click on the link under each picture, in the end you should see 16 other pictures and eventually make it back to my site.


This week, our theme is self-portrait. This theme will allow us to see the photographers who are participating in this journey and put a face to a name. Remember to check out all of the links at the bottom of the portrait!


Here is me. This week, it was my turn to step in front of the camera. Me with my coffee. My day hasn't really started until I have my soy latte in hand, and the cup...well you can't see it, but it has a crab on it. That's intentional, because I can be a bit "crabby" in the morning until I get my coffee (hee hee.)



For the next fabulous photographer participating in this Project 52 on Friday check out Sarah Bunch at www.birthofaphotographer.blogspot.com

14 comments:

  1. you are gorgeous lady. so excited to be doing this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful! I am a bit crabby at night we would make a great tag team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I need my cup of coffee in the morning too! I just need to figure out to how to drink it while it's still hot. The microwave is my friend, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lovely lady! Beautiful image! And I'm also a bit crabby in the morning... and also whenever I get hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayme - I circled through so fast the first time I didn't leave any comments. I am such crab too in the mornings. Do we really have to have any conversations before 8 AM? Beautiful self-portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey pretty lady! So glad to see your face. And glad to be on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done, Jayme! And I made it through all 17 blogs to see the "girls". You're all gonna have some fun this year! Will keep watching you all develop (pun intended) your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great self portrait. I'm the same way in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love my coffee! I have a terrible addiction to starbucks! I got 2 $25 gift certificates to Starbucks for Christmas and I promised myself when they are gone, I'm done! I have one latte left! SO SAD!!! I'm going to have to start brewing my own! Love the pic. Can't wait to see more next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies for all of your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this so much. My day has not started until I have my dunkin donuts coffee with vanilla caramel creamer. You are lovely! And maybe someday we can have a cup of coffee together for real.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jayme, this is a gorgeous selfie! And for first thing in the morning? I could not be so brave :)

    ReplyDelete