Friday, January 21, 2011

fifty-two on friday: shades of red

I hope all of you enjoyed the wonderful blog-circle of self-portraits last week for the kick-off of the Project 52. It was wonderful to get a peek at the 16 other photographers behind the camera, behind the creativity, and to see the "virtual" friends that I have made over at the Bloom Forum.

This week I have an embarrassing story for my project 52...This week, I had it mixed up, and thought that the theme was "Warmth". Luckily, my lovely new friends within my blog-circle sent out the list of themes as a reminder on Wednesday, and it was even luckier that I opened the email early in the day, because I realized that the theme this week was "Shades of Red". I was panicked, because I had ideas for this theme that I was thinking and planning for, but knew, just knew I couldn't pull them off by Friday morning. So, out of time and a bit desperate I looked around my house for inspiration, and found "Shades of RED".


Here is my interpretation of "Shades of Red", on a moments notice. Not my most creative, but incredibly meaningful to me. 

Shades of Red



And here are the outtakes... You can get a glimpse of what is on our shelves, and within grabbing reach!  And yes, it you look closely, you can see Nate's Ph.D. thesis on the Controlled Growth of Carbon Nanotubes, right next to Thomas the Train and Georges 1 to 10 and back again.



Now you must head on over to Sarah Bunch and check out her wonderful creativity at http://www.birthofaphotographer.blogspot.com/ for her take on "Shades of Red"

15 comments:

  1. Last minute? Love this image! I have that cook book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last minute? I love this image! I have that cookbook too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea- I like the depth of field in the first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these!! Fabulous idea! love the processing too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the composition and tones. that first one that you chose rocks!
    we have that cookbook 2...it's a classic for sure.
    are all your books organized by color or did you set up the shot??
    last minute? you'd never know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for your nice comments. No i don't organize my books by color, but rather by topic or genre. I ran around the house collecting any book that was red. Obviously, the kiddos helped. I think I am o.k. with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it, b/c it shows everyone's interests on one shelf. I think it's a great illustration of your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome image, Jayme! Do you organize your books by color? Love that the thesis is next to Thomas the Train!! To funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this. Love the different books and how they represent your family. Who writes a thesis on nanotubes? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A family's books....love it! I really like the perspective you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoa,that's quite the combination of books there :) what more do you need, you have all bases covered! AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, Jayme. And I totally want to read the Controlled Growth of Carbon Nanotubes....right after Thomas the Train. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a sucker for book shots! Love these images!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool idea! Love the books! Great pic!

    ReplyDelete