Friday, February 11, 2011

Fifty-two on Fridays: Motion

Welcome back to Fifty-two on Friday's or my Project 52 journey that I am sharing with 17 other photographers around the world. Grab a cup of coffee and catch up on our previous themes like Signs, Warmth, Shades of Red, and Self-Portrait. And don't forget, that at the bottom of my post you can link to the next photographer in our blog-circle and her interpretation of the theme.


This week the theme is Motion. In our house, we have a saying, "Big muscles, require big movements". I knew that I wanted to catch my big mover in motion. So on a really nice evening this past week, we took the kids for a walk after dinner, which for Noah always turns into a run. I got my camera ready and gripped it to my hip as I chased him up the hill, shooting, while both of us used our big muscles.


I adore this photo because it reminds me of a Nike poster that hung above my bed all through high school and college which read,

"There are clubs that you can't belong to.
Neighborhoods you can't live in.
Schools you can't get into.
But the roads are always open.
Just do it."
These words were above a picture of a lone runner on a country road.


Our bodies in motion inspires me, because of the amazing motions that we ask it to do each day.



No go on over and check out the amazing work by Sarah Bunch, Seattle Washington, Family and Child Photographer.

15 comments:

  1. LOVE!.. I wonder where's he's going? Somewhere fabulous I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image. You captured motion perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Great job of capturing movement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Great job capturing motion and I love the leading lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that quote and what a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo! Love the colors and I want to be out there with him on his walk! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayme, this is brilliant! I love it, and I love the quote too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great photo, jayme!
    looking forward to seeing the grass again here.
    love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo! You should hang this up with the quote beside it. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, I love the light and i love the quote! great shot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image! Love the lighting and all the texture! Awesome quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what beautiful light, and such a lovely shot for motion...
    very inspiring Jayme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect! I bet he's hard to keep up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great capture, love your saying of big muscles require big movements, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete