Saturday, August 7, 2010

Noah goes on a field trip- Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam

My little Noah is growing up so fast. Just this last month he moved up into the Pre-School classroom. He is now in the 3 - 5 year old room. This transition was bitter/sweet, he was leaving his wonderful teachers Barry and Penny (he had been in their classroom for almost 18 months) but he was going to go hang with the big kids and get to do big kid things...like field trips.

The first week he was in his new class they were going on a field trip to the local pool. Nate and I didn't really know what to think about this, do we let him go, is he too young, he can't really swim, he will ride a bus, what! As you can image Noah REALLY wanted to go. So to get over all of the fears/questions that we had on sending Noah out on his first field trip we decided that I would follow along in my car after the bus and hang out as a parent chaperone at the pool.

Noah had an AMAZING time taking the bus and swimming with all of his buddies and teachers. When we got him home he was EXHAUSTED. Swimming field trip = no afternoon nap. Needless to say he went to sleep early and he slept like a rock.

And because this is my photography blog, let me tell you a bit about the pictures...I took all of these with a 70 - 200 mm zoom lens that I rented (it is a beast of a lens at 3 lbs), aperture set at 3.5, ISO 100, and fast fast shutter speeds (> 1/500) for all shots since we were outside in the bright sun. I edited the photos in Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) only, adjusting for white balance, contrast, and brightness. Lastly, I got a new photo compositor (Moira Compositor)that does automatic layouts in photoshop with a click of a button. I used the compositor to create the different grouping of photos, so that I can show more pictures for the same amount of work that it takes me to show one. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics!

loves...jay.



No comments:

Post a Comment