Friday, August 6, 2010

Just a sweet picture of my Nicole- Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam

During the Bloom photography workshop I learned how to set up a "fake" natural light studio in my dining room. Before I purchased the gray seamless paper shown in a recent post below with Noah, I used a chocolate brown curtain panel purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond. The first time I did the studio set up I was so excited to try it that I just grabbed the curtain panel out of the packaging and started shooting. First mistake! The background had so many fold lines and was a nightmare to fix in post-processing. But, I got some really great photos of my sweet Nicole. So here is the final edit from that very first session with my "fake" studio. Other techniques applied here that I learned in the workshop are canvas extension, cloning, dodging, burning, and applying textures. Most of these techniques were used to even out the background because of the fold lines. Someone suggested (who will remain nameless) that I should try ironing the background...what's that?


Gggrr..I don't like how Flickr oversharpens everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment