Friday, May 14, 2010

7 days and 10 steps Part II-Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam photo challenge

Days 4 - 6: Wow... 10 steps with your camera is harder than you would think. I love to shoot in natural light, so I gravitate towards the one window in our apartment that gets good diffuse light. Any where else in the house is dark and requires me to use my flash. I don't like my flash. So my ten steps are turning out to be mostly baby steps in and around the same area...the dining room/kitchen/outside deck. Though, as I am writing this I realize that the kids room gets wonderful light in the evening hours. Hmmm, maybe for day 6, I will try getting a picture in that room, just to spice things up a bit.

Well here is Day 4: Noah sitting in a chair facing the large window that gives me great light.
I decided to include a second set of pictures from day 4, taken in our living room with my flash. I have to use my flash in the living room because no matter how open my aperture seems to be, I still have to use a slow shutter speed to get enough light. Slow shutter speed doesn't go very well with super fast, always movin', little people!
This captured moment is of Noah peeling stickers off the cardboard "school bus" that he decorated, and reapplying them to his sister's arm because she now "needs" decoration, of course!





Day 5: It was an exciting night in our house on Day 5 because Nicole got her own bike helmet. It's a lovely white helmet with flowers on it and safety lights that blink in the back. She is ready for the road. She is funny with the helmet though, she wants to wear it for a time, but then will throw it on the ground and exclaim, "ball" will a giggle. She knows it's not a ball, but like to watch our reaction. Funny girl.




Day 6: 10 medium sized steps into the kids bedroom. Lots of great beautiful evening light to take a picture! Though this light is not so great when we are trying to put the kids to bed! Thank goodness for blackout shades. Nicole is learning so many words, one of which is Dog. She loves to give the rocking Dog some love. She is my sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment