Thursday, October 28, 2010

What I would have submitted for the Gap Casting Call-Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam

I just thought I would post the pictures that I WOULD have submitted to the Gap Casting Call last week, that is if I had gotten my act together and pushed the sent button. Maybe next year?

These photos were taken as part of the Natural Light Workshop by Detra that I am taking right now. In this workshop we are on week 6. It's a very intense workshop where I am fighting the feeling of being burnt out! I am pushing onward because I am learning so so much. The workshop is amazing and the content is even more amazing. I feel like I can shoot in almost any natural light situation and make the photos work. The amount of time I spend in editing is hazardous to my health and sleep, so needless to say I will be taking a break for the holiday's.

The assignment for these photos was to intentionally "Blow" the background. That essentially means to blow out any detail, color etc...just white while maintaining the exposure of your subject. This is done in a lot of high fashion photos. At the bottom of the post you can see the straight out of camera shot, to see where I started with these photos.

I have ton's of pictures to share, but will stop at 5 for you today. Again here is my sweet and loving Noah.

I love this first pictures because for some reason it just capture a part of his personality.

Enjoy and Loves!







And these are the SOOC shot: All taken with my 50mm prime lens.



No comments:

Post a Comment