Friday, October 1, 2010

You now have a piece of my childhood- Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam

More than a couple of weeks ago we were in downtown Burlingame having dinner. We had some extra time to roam the shops and I was so EXCITED to see that there was now a Vans shop open on the Ave. Seeing this store brought back some warm fuzzies for me. I can still remember my Mom driving us to Vans store in Southern California (Covina, I think??) to buy both my brother and I our Vans. We both got the white slips-ons. Those of you who had parent that bought Stride-Rites for you as a kid(and you know who you are...), my mom was the cool mom that bought Vans instead! I love that she did those small things, and still does those small things for my brother and I as adults! Nate knows how long I have waited to buy both Noah and Nicole a pair of their own Vans, and so he suffered the almost 45 minutes in the store to pick out just the right pair for each of them. And now, they each have a piece or memory from my childhood to have as their own.

all pictures taken with my 50 mm lens on manual baby!



1 comment:

  1. We love Vans at our house too - totally gives me the warm fuzzies! I still can't donate Chase's first pair, I love them too much!

    ReplyDelete