Friday, July 2, 2010

Snapshots from our vacation-Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam

A couple of weeks ago we took a "Staycation". So instead of going somewhere warm and tropical like Hawaii we stayed at home and had vacation, San Mateo style. We had a wonderful time with the kids just doing things in and around our own city. So often Nate and I forget how close we still live to the beach. Half Moon Beach is only a 20 minute drive over highway 92. During the months of May - August there are a organic farms that have "U-Pick" strawberry fields. As part of our Staycation, we took the kids to the Swanton U-Pick Strawberry fields. The strawberry fields are just across the road from the ocean. It is beautiful there.

You can bet that we came home with lots and lots of strawberries. The farm charges you by the pound, so I think that we also should have weighed Noah and Nicole before and after picking! Both of them couldn't help it, they saw a strawberry, it was picked and very quickly made it into their mouths. It was also really great for Noah to see where strawberries grow because up until now I think he thought they "grew" in the aisles of Trader Joes.

Lastly, because this also my photography blog I have to tell you a little bit about the layout of the photos for this post. I am using MCP Action free BlogIt Boards. They're free on her website and super easy to use! Also, I won the self-portrait contest in my photography workshop (see post below). The prize I one was a set of workflow photography actions by Child's Play. All of the photos in this post used an action or two from the new set.

More vacation photos to come soon.
Thanks for keeping up with the Franklin's.




No comments:

Post a Comment