Monday, July 19, 2010

Working with the light- Blogging all about Pebbles and BamBam

I am finding that I am scared of the sun. As someone who is developing a passion for photography, it is funny to me that I am afraid of the most powerful thing that brings light to photographs. I defintely won't take my camera into the mid-day sun and take a picture. It almost sounds like I am describing my camera as vampire-like (heehee). No, really I just don't know how to shoot in the mid-day sun and not get blow outs, and harsh shadows. If I do take pictures in the middle of the day, I always find a patch of shade, or overhang of some sort.

So I've decided to stop being afraid and work with the beautiful light God gives us and challenge myself to shoot more photographs in the sun. I am not jumping into the "deep end of the pool" here and going out mid-day to photograph the kiddos. I am not that brave, yet. Instead, I'm embracing that warm golden light before sunset by taking pictures of Noah and Nicole after dinner.

Here's a recent one where I was working on getting that really popular hazy/flare look. I think I got in this one.

My sweet little boy was picking flowers for his mama. Love him so much!

Edited using ACR and Florabella Hibiscus and Bluebell actions from Spring Sets I and II. I think that I like the grass in the SOOC shot...less muddy looking. I need to figure out how to get the best of both the edit and the SOOC. Oh, well next time!


Straight out of camera (SOOC)

No comments:

Post a Comment