Monday, June 21, 2010

June Bloom Workshop-Assignment number 2

Well I started my photography workshop on June 7. Since the kickoff I have logged several gigabites worth of pictures. The workshop is called Bloom and is run by Brenda Acuncius and Kristy Lane. They are amazing teachers, photographers and mentors.

The first assignment was focused on the exposure triangle, the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. It was all about tweaking the camera settings to get the photo that you want. I won't bore you with the photos that I took since they were pretty drab.

The second assignment was putting the exposure triangle to work while learning a bit about composition. Below are the photos and the different settings used to get each one. I have also included my before and after post-processing for fun!<
Rule of Thirds:28 mm, Ap: 2.8, SS: 1/80, ISO: 400, Spot metering

Before:

After:


Perspective: 28 mm, Ap: 2.8, SS: 1/80, ISO: 800, Spot metering

Before:





Leading lines combined with perspective: 28 mm, Ap: 2.5, SS 1/100, ISO 400, spot metering
Before: Making Father's Day cards

After:

I added one more set because yesterday I took the opportunity to take some photos on Stanford Univ. campus which has all of this wonderful architecture. I thought I would try and frame some shots in the arches. Honestly, when we got there I didn't know how to make the arches work for me...

Framing: 28 mm, Ap: 2.8, SS: 1/200, ISO: 200, Spot metering

Before:

<
After:

No comments:

Post a Comment